Friday, October 29, 2010

New GSS Committee Formed!

At the October GSS meeting, a new Ad Hoc Committee was formed to investigate the pros and cons of a possible mandatory student activity fee for graduate students at UD.  Over the years, there has been much discussion about the issue of "the fee" and now, GSS members will be seriously looking into it.

The very first meeting of the Committee will take place Friday, November 5th at 5pm in Townsend Hall Commons.  At this meeting, committee chair(s) will be elected and an action plan for the committee will begin to be determined.  Please come to this meeting if you are interested in this topic and would like to be involved!  It is open to all UD grad students.

2 comments:

emartz said...

I think that the idea of a Grad Student Activity Fee is ridiculous. I do not have any extra money. If I did, it would go towards an IRA. Who has the time to do more than we already do, and who has the money with which to do it? All I want to do is get my PhD and get out of here so that I am not living paycheck to paycheck and borrowing money when I have health problems.

Stephanie said...

It is an awful idea. It's 42 degrees outside and I can't even afford heat. I certainly do not want to pay another fee on top of all the fees we already pay. If people want programs then let them pay as they go. Don't penalize all of us.